Categories allow you to organize your content into specific topics of your choice. Media can be added to more than one category.
Creating New Categories
To create a category, under Manage Content, click on the group that you would like to add to and then click the "Add Category" button:
Customize your category by giving it a name and a thumbnail image (optional). The parent folder shows users where their category is located within the group structure. Move your category to another group or category by tapping on the Parent Folder modal. Category names may be localized/translated by adding more names in the language of your choice by tapping on "Add Name" under the "Localized Names" section:
Tap "Save" when you are done. Your category will now appear under the group.
Editing Existing Categories
To edit an existing category, locate the one you want to edit under the group, and tap on either the Details tab, click on the name of the category, or tap on the gear icon:
Clicking on the editing tool will provide you the same customization options that appeared when you created the category. Here you can change the name, thumbnail, parent category, group, and localizations associated with the category. When you are finished, click "Save" to make your changes final.
Adding Content to a Category:
When tapped into a category, navigate to the "Contents" tab and then to the "Create" pick list. From here, you may choose to add a sub-category, a VPT, media, a link, or a link to a Microlearning course to the category:
On this page, users may also import and export the category information:
- Translations may be exported, if previously added by tapping the Export Translations button.
- Users may also import a category structure via a .xls, .xlsx, or .csv file by tapping on the Import button.
- Entire category structures may be exported by tapping on Bulk Actions, and then choosing the categories from the provided pick list to the right of the screen.
On the category view screen, users can choose a selection of actions. Here, users can:
- tap the gear to edit the settings
- download the category by tapping on the download button
- copy the category by tapping on the copy button, designated by the two sheets of paper
- delete the category by tapping on the trashcan. Please note: ALL sub-categories will also be deleted! Additionally, ALL media that is in this category, and not associated with another category, will need to be reassigned in the Media Library tab.